Frequently Asked Questions
How do I make an appointment for the Counselling and Wellbeing Service?
Our Counselling and Wellbeing Service can be contacted on 01224 262120 or email@example.com, 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday.
If it is an emergency and you are unable to contact us, please contact your GP, or the Emergency Services if it is a life threatening situation.
Who can I phone for help in the middle of the night?
- Samaritans Tel: 08457 90 90 90 - 24 hour counselling helpline
- NHS 24 Tel: 08454 24 24 24 - 24 hour access to medical information and advice
What helplines can I use if I’m feeling down?
- Breathing Space Tel: 0800 83 85 87
- Samaritans Tel: 08457 90 90 90, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sudden Trauma Information Service Tel: 0845 367 0998
What local agencies are there?
- Aberdeen Counselling and Information Service Tel: 01224 573892
- Samaritans Aberdeen offers a drop in service at 60 Dee Street, Aberdeen AB11 6DS, 9am to 10pm, tel: 01224 574488
Personal problems are affecting my academic performance – what can I do?
Contact your Course Leader or Personal Tutor and explain that you are experiencing difficulties. You can also make an appointment with the Student Wellbeing Advisor to talk over your problems on a confidential basis. If you wish to apply for an extension on your coursework or believe certain factors should be taken into consideration when your coursework or exams are being marked, you can contact the Student Association on 01224 262294 for assistance in completing an extenuating circumstances claim form.
Please note, the Student Counselling Service will only provide a letter of mitigating cirumstances if a student is, or has been, a client of the service and has engaged in a Counselling Contract.